The College of Literature, Science and the Arts, in partnership with the Amazon Web Services at U-M team, is pleased to announce a free, hands-on cloud computing workshop. Join us on March 20 at The Ross School of Business, classroom R1210.
Register. NOTE: Computers will not be provided, so please bring a laptop to this event.
- 9:00 – 9: 40: Introduction and Overview of Amazon Web Services
- 9:40 – 10:00 Amazon Web Services at U-M: Overview of the additional services ITS provides.
- 10:00 – 12:00: Labs
Sessions available after lunch on your own
- 1:00 – 2:00 –Best Practices in Research on the Cloud including: Public datasets, Sharing Data cost effectively, How to get research credits, Considerations for grant writing (moving from cap-x to op-x), Managed Services vs DIY, Discounts, Training and Support Options
- 2:00 0 3:00 – Machine Learning on Managed Juniper Notebooks including: Easy to deploy notebooks, Fast training on high performance computers, Managed software and infrastructure, Reduced Administration, Crowdsourced training models
- 3:00 to 4:00 – Working with Images in AWS including: File storage, image / video analysis, Serverless imaging processing (lambda processing)
Please let us know if you have any questions, or if you are interested in hosting a similar training event in the future.