The Michigan IT Symposium Committee is now accepting proposals for conference sessions to be held at the 2019 Michigan IT Symposium. This year’s theme is “Sparking Connections & Igniting Ideas Across U-M” and will feature more breakout session opportunities than in previous years. The 2019 event will bring the U-M IT community together to highlight innovations and share and discuss ideas that provoke a positive impact on the university.
The application process is easy!
Submit a proposal by Friday, August 9. Proposals should fit into one of four delivery methods. They are as follows:
- Poster Session: Display an informational poster in the exhibit area and answer questions during the poster session on November 25. Poster templates will be provided by the event committee. We will also handle printing logistics and cost. The poster session is intended to be casual and conversational; there is no formal presentation. (90 minutes on November 25)
- Learning & Growth Session: Presentations should be interactive and engaging and might involve training, tutorials or step by step instruction on developing skills. (60 minutes on November 26)
- Lecture & Demonstration Session: Presentations that inform through demonstrations and lessons learned on current and previous accomplishments. (60 minutes on November 26)
- Sandbox & Innovation Session: Discussions and sharing new ideas of work going on and asking for feedback, collaborative conversations around innovation, sessions on emerging tech…Let’s play! (60 minutes on November 26)
Submitters will select “tags” to further define their proposals general category and subject area. These tags will assist the planning committee in the selection and scheduling process.
- General Category Tags: Teaching & Learning, Research, Precision Health / Patient Care, Knowledge, Administrative, Michigan IT Community, Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI), and Other
- Additional Subject Area Tags: Internet of Things, Data/Analytics, Change Management, Open Source, User Experience Design, Cloud, Networking, Data Center, Security, Mobility, Project Management, Collaboration, Services, and Other
The Michigan IT Symposium is an annual event co-sponsored by the offices of the VPIT-CIO and the CIO for Michigan Medicine and organized by the Michigan IT Steering Committee aimed at creating connections between community members. The event attracts 500+ members of the Michigan IT community from across the Ann Arbor, Flint, and Dearborn campuses, and Michigan Medicine. The 2019 symposium will take place on the afternoon of Monday, November 25, and all day on Tuesday, November 26, at the Michigan League.