The U-M School of Information, in partnership with the Amazon Web Services at U-M team, is pleased to announce a free hands-on cloud computing workshop. Join us on February 28 at the School of Information, 3100 North Quad, Ehrlicher room. Computers will not be provided, so please bring a laptop to this event. If you are interested in hosting a similar training event in the future please let us know.
Agenda and registration
NOTE: You need to sign up for each session individually.
9–11:50 a.m. Basic and ntermediate level hands-on labs with an AWS solution architect and AWS at U-M custom labs with U-M staff. Register.
Lab topics include:
- AWS 101 including EC2, ELB, Windows and Linux
- S3 with CloudFront
- Automation with CloudFormation
- Introduction to Lambda
- HCP Clusters
- AWS Elastic Map Reduce
- Containers with Fargate
- Linking MCommunity with SAML
Sessions with limited seating will be available after lunch:
- 1:30–2 p.m. This session will focus on how to schedule jobs on AWS. Please note that there are limited seats available for this session. Register.
- 2–3 p.m. Tutorial on AWS Cloud Formation, an AWS service that helps you model and create templates for your Amazon Web Services resources. Register.
- 3–4 p.m. Discussion of running custom applications on GPU instances with Python, PyTorch, and CUDA. Register.