As shown above, highlights of Cybersecurity month include:
- 9 virtual training sessions covering topics like privacy and data use, using Duo two-factor authentication, data classification, and more
- 4 virtual drop-in Q&A sessions with security analysts
- 1000+ people sent and received email with Virtru enhanced email security
- 22K+ MiWorkspace and MiServer managed systems have CrowdStrike Falcon installed for enhanced endpoint protection
- 6,240 students participated in the Cybersecurity Challenge
- 40+ Tweets, 23k+ impressions, 4 Instagram stories to share IT security tips, events, and best practices
You can find more details about all of the Information Assurance activities and recordings of events on the Safe Computing website.
Together, we share in the responsibility to protect the university. Here are some of the things you can do:
- Work with ITS Information Assurance to get enhanced endpoint protection powered by CrowdStrike Falcon installed on computers in your unit. See CrowdStrike Falcon Implementation.
- Apply patches and updates in a timely manner.
- Perform risk assessments and complete the resulting mitigation plans. See IT Security Risk Analysis (RECON).
- Limit access to and protect systems that are exposed to the internet.
- Use Single Sign On (with Duo) or implement Duo two-factor authentication for local systems.
- Enable additional protections for accounts with elevated access.
Contact Information Assurance via the ITS Service Center with questions.