ITS has announced a new option for connecting remotely: Zoom Videoconferencing.
Zoom is a feature-rich service that includes options for online meetings, chat rooms, webinars, and mobile collaboration. Existing videoconferencing tools, including BlueJeans and Google Hangouts, will continue to be available.
In support of attending classes, events, and meetings virtually, ITS is hosting virtual Zoom training. A live session will be held March 19 at 11 a.m., with a recording to be published afterward. Visit the ITS website for more details.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If your area or department already uses Zoom, faculty and staff have been instructed to contact IT support for guidance before installing the versions below.
- Visit the Zoom page on the ITS website for more information, or access the tool directly at zoom.umich.edu.
- Install Zoom for GSuite add-on to schedule meetings from Gmail and Google Calendar.
- Integrations with Canvas, Blackboard, and MiVideo will follow later this week. If you are already using Zoom through Canvas, please continue with your existing process.
- From a MiWorkspace computer, install Zoom using the Software Center (Windows) or the Managed Software Center (Mac).
PHI and other sensitive data
- Visit the Sensitive Data Guide for a list of the sensitive data types that are and are not permitted when using Zoom.