Michigan basketball players, athletics staff, and Wolverine fans are benefiting from improved Verizon cellular service at Crisler Center this season. ITS partnered with Verizon, Facilities & Operations, and Athletics to install a Distributed Antenna System in Crisler Center that went live just before the first game. Antennas throughout the arena, concourse, and player development facilities will enhance overall coverage.
- Improved Verizon coverage throughout Crisler Center
- The potential to improve other cellular providers’ service—the system is the first neutral host design in an athletic facility which is capable of supporting other carriers, if interested
- Better fan experience and enhanced life safety communications as the Michigan basketball teams carry on the traditions of excellence in this iconic setting
Special thanks to the teams and individual leaders that made this project a success, including:
- Amy Brooks for project management, communications, and liaison work to connect vendor, facilities, ITS, and Athletics team members
- Clark Smith for project management support and Athletics expertise
- Tom Harbowy for assistance in revising vendor plans to university specifications