The EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI) Annual Meeting provides an opportunity for those interested in learning, learning principles and practices, and learning technologies to explore, network, and share. For those interested, the meeting’s Call for Proposals closes on September 6. All submitted proposals are reviewed and evaluated by ELI and at least three peer reviewers. Presenters will be notified by mid-October, 2018 about their acceptance.
ELI is a community of higher education institutions and organizations committed to advancing learning through IT innovation and the group’s Annual Meeting is the premier gathering of higher education teaching and learning professionals. The ELI 2019 meeting takes place February 19–21 in Anaheim, California. Registration opens the week of November 5.
The theme for 2019’s gathering is “Transforming Higher Education: Exploring New Learning Horizons.” The horizon of teaching and learning today is characterized by ever greater degrees of agency for learners, instructors, instructional designers, and technologists. From active learning classrooms to integrated student advising and from rapidly improving XR technologies to learning analytics, we all have more options for invention, innovation, and new designs in support of our teaching and learning mission. Join your colleagues as we collectively explore this ever-changing landscape of the new possibilities for learning, addressing these and many other questions:
- What new kinds of leadership are required for this new teaching and learning landscape?
- What are the best methods and techniques that promote innovation and creative thinking to support student learning?
- What new educational technologies seem most promising?
- What role should data and analytics play, and what are the trade-offs between analytics and privacy?
- How can we best determine the efficacy of our learning innovations and technologies?
- What learning spaces and environments best promote active learning?