Courses to support U-M’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiative are available now at no cost to teams or departments. Many of the courses are located at the Administrative Services Building in Learning and Professional Development (LPD). Browse the courses below and talk to your supervisor about registering—space is limited. Learn more and see upcoming sessions at hr.umich.edu/diversity.
- Business Case for Diversity — prove the value of diversity with examples from businesses, the military, and other entities, along with cutting-edge research.
- Unconscious Bias in Everyday Life — examine how unconscious bias can affect one’s perceptions, decisions, and interactions.
- Change It Up! — develop skills and confidence when intervening in situations that negatively impact individuals, organizations, and the campus community.
- Intercultural Awareness — learn cultural differences between countries and how “common sense” assumptions we make about others may be flawed.
- Disability Awareness and Etiquette — understand how to best serve individuals with disabilities, and learn etiquette pointers you can use in everyday life.