Does your unit make regular conference calls? If so, encourage your colleagues to use BlueJeans to schedule their own calls moving forward.
Starting in July, a relatively small number of people in the U-M community who contacted university operators for assistance will need to set up conference calls themselves. ITS and Student Affairs will discontinue operator-assisted conferencing calls on June 30, 2017.
Operators have been using BlueJeans, U-M’s preferred conferencing service, to schedule calls. An account is needed to schedule and moderate BlueJeans meetings, but all participants can join without an account.
People in participating U-M units can set up BlueJeans conference calls on their own for no additional charge by following these steps:
- Create a U-M BlueJeans Account
- Optional: Download and install software to make scheduling easier
- Browser extensions for Chrome and Safari allow you to schedule BlueJeans meetings in Google Calendar
- An add-in for Microsoft Outlook allows you to manage BlueJeans meetings in Outlook calendar
- Schedule a BlueJeans meeting