This month, I’m highlighting some new, innovative AI features that were recently added to the already impressive Arc web browser: Arc Max. Rather than simply adding a sidebar for ChatGPT like many other browsers are doing, they identified five specific integrations that can make browsing the web easier and more enjoyable:
- Ask on Page
- Hold down Command + F on any page to ask a question and let Max answer it for you in seconds.
- 5 Second Previews
- Hover and press shift over any link to generate a preview of the webpage, without a single click.
- Ask ChatGPT
- Start typing “ChatGPT” into the Command Bar, hit Tab, and get answers to your questions in fewer clicks.
- Tidy Tab Titles
- Have your tabs automatically renamed with tidier, shorter titles when you Pin them. Turndown service for your sidebar.
- Tidy Downloads
- Keep your many files more organized with smartly renamed downloads — and make them easier to find later.
Each of them may be individually enabled via the settings, so users may pick and choose which ones they would like to use. Personally, I’ve enabled all five and have very much been enjoying them!
Are you using any AI features while browsing the web? How do they make your life easier? Please share in the comments below!
Have a cool app, tool, or tech tip you’d like to share? Contact Chase Masters. Please note that Tech Tips are personal recommendations and might not be officially endorsed or supported by U-M.