Normally, we’d remind you about conserving energy and securing your desk and office before you leave campus for Winter Break. However, because many if not most of us are already working from home, we’re changing it up a bit this year. (But if you’re still in the office, check out last year’s article for details on what to do).
Whether you’re working on campus or working remotely, remember to set up your away message when you leave and turn it off when you come back.
During the break, many buildings will be locked, residence halls will be vacated, most campus computing sites will be closed, ITS will be operating on a reduced schedule, and the bus routes and parking lot enforcement will change.
- Most Information and Technology Services (ITS) offices will close at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, December 22, 2020, and will remain closed until Monday, January 4, 2021. To report system or application outages, or to request a password reset, call 734.764.HELP (4357).
- The Tech Shop will close at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, December 22, and will reopen with their regular hours on Monday, January 4.
- The ARC-TS Help Desk will close at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, December 22, and will reopen at 8 a.m. on Monday, January 4. See ITS Service Status for system status information. ARC-TS support staff will monitor services throughout the holiday period and answer critical user questions. Non-critical user questions will be addressed beginning Monday, January 4.
On the academic side, all three campuses will be closed Wednesday, December 23, through Sunday, January 3. In addition:
- The College of Engineering will close at 5 p.m. Tuesday, December 22, and reopen with chat and telephone support at 42236 at 9 a.m. on Monday, January 4.
- The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts (LSA) Technology Services‘ service desks will close at 5 p.m. Tuesday, December 22 and reopen at 8 a.m. (7:30 a.m. for classroom A/V support) Monday, January 4. LSA’s three loan centers will close at 5pm Friday, December 18. The LSA and MLB loan centers will reopen on Monday, January 11, with limited hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) for that week. All three of LSA’s loan centers will reopen with their regular winter hours on Monday, January 18. Any changes to the service desk or loan center schedules will be on the web site.
In the meantime, best wishes for a happy and HEALTHY holiday season!